We are currently in a fundraising campaign for the Heritage Park.
To be a part of the Heritage Park Legacy, contact Paula Tacke at email@example.com.
There are several funding levels available.
Territorial Council Building
Built in 1862, the Territorial Council Building became the
first Yankton Museum in 1936.
Originally located northwest of state hospital, it was donated to the museum in 1976 as part of the U.S. Bicentennial Project.
1860s Hovden Family Cabin
The cabin was donated to the museum in 2004.
1930s WPA Outhouse
Donated to the museum in the
early 1980s by Lou Ella
Machin, daughter of Harry
Originally built in 1893 and located in what is now downtown Yankton. It was moved to the museum in 1978.
This Burlington Northern Caboose traveled many rails in its day. It was presented to the museum in 1983.
This car house features a 1947 model hand car. The car house was donated by the City of Elk Point in May 1982. (not pictured)
1880s Mikolas Barn
Barn was acquired in 2014 from the Kokes family near Tabor, descendants of Jan and Anna Mikolas. (not pictured)
1870s Charles Cook
It was donated to the museum in 1981, and houses the original forge, and tools donated by the families of Ed Coulson and Raymond Sparks.